OR APPLY ONLINE:
Click for Official Rules and Regulations:
1. Official date and time: The BFA will take place on September 7, 2019, from 10:AM to 6:00 PM, and September 8, 2019, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. There are no rain dates; the event will happen rain or shine.
2. Eligibility: Artists must be 16 years or older, present photo ID at check-in, and stay at the show for its entirety. Items for sale must be original, handmade works created by the artist. Prints of two-dimensional work are acceptable.
3. Unapproved goods: The BFA does not tolerate the following: buy-sell items, mass produced items, bringing items unlike those juried, or setting up booths unlike those juried. Violators will be expelled immediately from the show with no refund.
4. Booth staffing: Booths must be occupied at all times during regular festival hours. Assistants are permitted as long as the artist is also present.
5. Booth furnishing: It is the artist’s responsibility to furnish the assigned booth space. The BFA does not provide tents or display materials.
6. Booth safety: Artists must obey all laws pertaining to health, fire prevention, and public safety. This includes “no smoking” on site.
7. Fees: Booth fees are $400 for a single 10’x10’ space and $750 for a double 20’x10’ space. New artists must pay a $35 application fee. All entries will be juried, but the application fee is waived for returning artists.
8. Space assignments: Each space is 10’x10’ or 20’x10’ and is assigned by the committee. Placement requests are not guaranteed. THIS IS AN OUTDOOR SHOW AND SPACES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO GROUND CONDITIONS.
9. Booth sharing: A maximum of 2 artists/businesses may share a 10‘x10’ space. Please apply with one application. Include names, business names, and email addresses for both artists. Shared entries will be juried on the overall quality of the booth.
10. Vending permits: The City of Wilmington requires each artist/business to have a temporary vending permit for the weekend. The BFA obtains permits and files these permits on your behalf.
11. Electricity: No electric service is provided to artists. Generators are allowed but must be pre-approved.
12. Insurance: The BFA is not responsible for insuring the artists’ works or displays and cannot accept responsibility for theft or damage. Security is provided 24 hours a day during the festival and setup.
13. Setup: Festival grounds will be open for setup on Friday, September 6, from 9:00 AM to dusk. In the event an assigned space is unoccupied by persons or furnishings by 8:30 AM on Saturday, the BFA has the right to repurpose the booth without refund. Specific setup instructions will be sent closer to festival date.
14. Clean up: Trash and recyclables must be deposited in designated receptacles only.
15. Parking: Parking is permitted in designated areas only. Because space is extremely limited, there is a limit of 1 vehicle per 10’x10’ booth. All vehicles must display a BFA parking pass. Helpers and assistants must use visitor parking and take the festival shuttle bus to the park. Cargo parking is available onsite.
16. Credit cards: The BFA will provide credit card processing for artists who do not offer this service. A 5% processing fee applies. Please make this request in advance of the event to ensure support of this service.
17. Refunds: The BFA will not give refunds.
Contact us for more details:
Barr Schlecker, Executive Producer
Michele Priest, Event Manager
Rob Schlecker, Event Coordinator
Jim Hoban, Event Coordinator